Saturday, September 24, 2005

Injured Marine Defies Attackers (1 finger salute)

Found this article through Freepers posted by NormsRevenge. I absolutely LOVED this picture. What a stud this Marine is, seriously, just look at him.



Snip of the story:

Once Marine Gunnery Sgt. Michael Burghardt realized he could wiggle his toes and fingers, he had one message for the insurgents who wounded him - defiance. Burghardt, of Huntington Beach, Calif., disarmed two bombs that were found - quick action that probably saved the lives of several Nebraska soldiers. But he couldn't get to a third.
Omaha.com

Update 9/26: I was curious just who took the photo of Gunnery Sgt. Michael Burghardt so I sent an email requesting the information from The Omaha World-Harold and the Regional Editor Mike Holmes responded back to me that it was Jeff Bundy, who is on assignment with Dave Kotok in Iraq.

And I'm just so thrilled cause I not only got a link from Matt at Blackfive on this posting but I got linked on Strategy Page under their Dirty Little Links section!! Yikes.

I had to add this comment from Gretchen (thanks Gretchen for the additional info):
My daughter is a physicans assistant serving with the PA National Guard in Ramadi...she happened to be the one waiting for the bird to bring in this trauma case. After having 4 dead that day...she could not believe when in her words "low and behold this dude comes just strutting in with no pants on" he made her day....and mine too...he is one tough marine...salute to you too Cindy Sheehan!


WWW MyView