Monday, June 27, 2005

The Outer Banks

AMERICAN - Last Stretch in North Carolina SOLDIER

AS has a nice story as he comes to the end of his journey before having his surgery.

There is one last story about North Carolina that I thought was wonderful. I had stopped to get some fuel and was feeling a bit hungry. There was a sub shop cross the street. I parked and went in to eat. I ordered up and sat down. Not long after I ordered I got my food and ate. The waitress came by and asked me how I was doing. I told her that I was great and this food was a lot better than what I was use to. She asked me why and I went on to tell her that for the last 6 months I have been away from home, deployed. I told her that I was taking my time before I finally got home and the reason for it. She must have said thank you like 3 times. It made me smile and I told her that it was humbling to hear those words. She went back to help a woman at the register who was waiting.

Go read all of AS's postings of his journey.


WWW MyView