Saturday, June 18, 2005

Durbin's Latest - He Regrets He Didn't Regret or Something To That Effect!

Durbin 'regrets' Gitmo remarks-Nation/Politics-The Washington Times

I love these quotes for their absolute stupidity:
"I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood," said the Illinois senator. "I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support."

Hear that Troops and Vets - he's not sorry for what he said just sorry for the fact that you know he said it! He wants you to think he supports you while at the same time likening you to have done the things that happened with the Nazi's or at a Gulag or at the hands of Pol Pot. Slick, except that it isn't working for him. So sad.

Here's another interesting quote:
"Senator. Durbin's remarks could very well make him the 'Hanoi Jane' of this conflict," said American Legion National Commander Thomas P. Cadmus. His reference was to actress Jane Fonda, who visited North Vietnam during the war and posed for photographs in an anti-aircraft battery.
"I am totally outraged by his hideous slight of those he should be honoring for their selfless devotion to this nation," said Mr. Cadmus, who leads the 2.7-million-member, nonpartisan group.


Ha - would that be the kicker. Although there has to be a better moniker than Turban Durbin. That just doesn't have sticking power.

Has anyone heard anything from Hillary Clinton or Nancy Pelosi or Evan Bye or Barbara Boxer or Mark Dayton or Joe Biden et al. I suppose the Sunday talking heads will have all the usual suspects on......McCain, Lehey, Biden with McCain playing the pseudo Republican. Course McCain will have Super Power Credibility because of his POW background. I'll be interested to see how McCain spins this one. I'm guessing he will do a lamo runaround. He'll say that Durbin should apologize for saying what he said but will also tell us all we're overreacting. I don't think he will condemn Durbin for his statements.

Link from Lucianne.


WWW MyView