Thursday, May 05, 2005

ROTC: a window into the U.S. military

Minnesota Daily : ROTC: a window into the U.S. military

You could have blown me over with a feather to see this story in the University of MN Student Newspaper. After reading it I was even more surprised since it was dare I say almost a favorable story. Actually, it was just an accurate story but still, one doesn't expect to see this kind of story in the MN Daily. Not that I read the paper any longer. The numbers of students in ROTC seem somewhat pathetic considering the size of the student body. Seems to me the population used to be around 50k for both campuses (Mpls and St. Paul) but I haven't checked the numbers in the last few years so I could be totally off there.

But here are the numbers from the article:
Army ROTC - 73
Navy/Marine ROTC - 79
Air Force ROTC - 71


WWW MyView