Friday, May 13, 2005

Rebel Girl Child

Who's your Baghdaddy?: Suffer the little children

Baghdaddy talks about something many of us including myself have questioned about Iraq.
Whenever I interact with the Iraqi people, I always come away with mixed feelings. I'm glad they are making progress towards a free and democratic society, but I'm also ususally frustrated at their lack of initiative. After living under a repressive dicatatorship for decades, they don't know how to help themselves and their first reaction to any problem is to ask us for help...usually in the form of a handout.

But then there are the kids.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
He calls her a Rebal because all of the other little girls looked away when he was taking the picture.

Check out Baghdaddy, he's got some nice pictures of the kids - The Hope of Iraq.


WWW MyView