Friday, April 15, 2005

You Know You have been in Iraq too long when. ...

Consul-At-Arms: You Know You have been in Iraq too long when. ...

Go read this.....you'll enjoy it! I did.

Samples:
Your idea of a fun Thursday night is to go to the Palace pool to watch the State Department folks get drunk, naked and try to pick each other up

When you go on R&R, you duct tape your child to the roof of your car, hand him a pellet rifle, and assign him a sector of fire for the ride to "The Olive Garden."

You find it completely acceptable to pick your nose while talking to a complete stranger or member of the opposite sex

and finally:
When you actually get excited to get a package that contains 3 pair of socks, 12 bars of soap and a Victoria Secret Catalog

The last one is funny because that actually happened with one of my packages. I had included a couple of Victoria Secret catalogues and SSG Joe told me that was the 'hit' of the box. There was grabbing for those catalogues. The funny thing about the catalogues was I had gotten them from a co-worker but they were addressed to her boyfriend. After sending packages to the troops for awhile I got a link on ebay to purchase a 3 year subscription to Maxim, Stuff and then they through in a couple of other magazines all for $1.99! So, here you have a middle aged, single female having Maxim and Stuff delivered to her home. I was kind of hoping the mags came in some sort of wrap but no they don't. So, I'm sure the Postal Delivery person thinks I'm a pretty strange individual. When I need someone to pickup my mail I make sure it's this one neighbor because she knows why I'm getting the magazines. Just one of those funny little querky things supporters do for 'their' soldiers.

Thanks Consul at Arms for the laugh today.


WWW MyView