Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bittersweet

CaliValleyGirl: Bittersweet

Cali puts into perspective what many of us will never have to endure. She put into words from this ordeal facing the family waiting at home and the soldiers waiting in Afghanistan. Pretty tough stuff. When the mundane events of our everyday lives seem to be overwhelming and you lose track of the importance of your children or husband/wife or significant other maybe you should think about something like this hitting you square in the eyes. I can tell you that will slap you awake. I don't have Cali's experience but that little buddy of mine (Aaron who wrote the wonderful Ode to me) was in a very serious accident 3 1/2 yrs ago and that was a slap for myself and many in my family. But at least we didn't have to wait around for 2 days or so to find out, what agony.


WWW MyView