Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Why the Military Doesn't Trust the Media

sfalphageek

This is an outstanding writeup on why members of the US Military are so distrustful of the Media. This is part II and it's long but stick with it, he's got great examples to backup his assertions.
Why does the typical serviceman feel such contempt and distrust for the press as an institution? How did we come to this state of affairs? I plan to discuss that question, and, along the way, I'll touch on a few recent and not so recent stories to illustrate some of why I think the gulf between journalist and soldiers has become impassable in the 21st century. One disclaimer - I'm addressing trends and majorities here - I don't think that the press (or for that matter, "the military") is as monolithic as they appear here.


WWW MyView